Courtesy of Scissor-Pipissor
If you could wave a magic wand and all your troubles would disappear, what would they be?
If you were to pick the strongest need, what would that be? What is your priority struggle at the moment?
Waving a magic wand is about letting your VISION carry you in spite of obstacles. Your obstacle could be – fear, low self-confidence, anxiety, depression, limited support, and so on. Allow your mind to take you to those dream places without your current obstacles. The important thing is to dream big. Dream wide. Be creative. Allow yourself to be in a cloud of bliss. Feel it. Sense your worldly desire happening. Taste it. Smell it. Get all your senses involved.
I tried to publish books many years ago but didn’t succeed. Then in 2015, I had a new idea of self-publishing as this was still a fairly new concept at that time. My vision of writing and selling books didn’t falter. My obstacles to this vision or desire were my lack of confidence, money, fear of exposing myself to the world, vulnerability, lack of experience and resources, and having family responsibilities and commitments. Did I let these obstacles stop me? Of course not. It was my dream for many years. I found a way around these obstacles. I developed strategies to overcome these obstacles, and you know what? I made it. I got to self-publish my books. Now I have at least ten fiction books (combined novels and short stories) and three non-fiction books. You can do it too!!
In terms of VISION, I talk about Appreciative Enquiry in an online course I’m currently working on. This model is an approach to motivate change. It focuses on investigating and enhancing the best in a person or situation. AI is about validating strengths and to imagine possibilities so you can resolve your problems. You build positive emotions and you look at the highlights in a bad situation.
Ask yourself the following questions to practice Appreciate Enquiry.
- What is going well in your life right now?
- What did you learn from a negative situation? If it had a positive outcome, what strengths did you use to create the positive outcome?
- What is it you’d like to be different in your life?
- What are your core values?
- When are you at your best?
- If you had three wishes, what would they create for you?
- If you could change (a current struggle) what else might change?
- What habits or behaviours need to be formed to make this change happen?
- When and how will you achieve this area of change?
Let me know what your dreams are. Think big!