Courtesy of phantomswife
A huge problem nowadays is that we let our FEARS stop us from achieving our DREAMS. We like to play it safe and stay in our comfort zone. I know that I like to stay in my comfort zone, but that doesn’t mean I need to stay there. Your world is smaller that way.
You will have times when you need to stretch your capabilities and follow your dreams, in spite of fears. I have been out of my comfort zone countless times, and the rewards have been worth it. You can listen to your fears but the fears don’t have to stop you from following your dreams or life vision. Be mindful and accepting of your fears but don’t let them rule your life.
Here are Ten tips to Following Your Dreams:
- Focus on what’s important to you (your dream). It could be managing stress, increasing fitness, or reducing anxiety levels in public places.
- Validate and acknowledge your fears. Write them down so you’re clear about them.
- Cast your mind back to previous successes in relation to the problem or a similar problem. What did you do to achieve that success?
- Think about your personal strengths and qualities (e.g. determination, well-organised, love of learning, authentic etc).
- Ask yourself WHY you’d like to follow that dream. How will it change your life for the better? For example, maybe you’d like to manage stress so that you can be a great role model for your children or want to work more efficiently in your job.
- Think about general strategies for achieving that dream. For managing stress, you might need to learn more about sleep, improve your diet, delegate tasks to others. The list goes on.
- Think about where you’d like to be in three months’ time in relation to your dream.
- Write down one small task you could achieve in line with that dream. For stress management, you might read about how to improve sleep or you might buy a diary to record your eating habits (food diary/improved diet).
- Once you’ve achieved that small task, make a list of other small goals you can undertake each week.
- Acknowledge any setbacks. You might need to adjust goals or change them completely so you can achieve them. Be realistic.
Generally speaking, the tips I mentioned above is a brief overview of what wellness coaching is about. It tends to be a bit more involved than the above but it gives you an idea of how I work with clients.
If you are interested in guidance and facilitation to achieving your dream/s, then check out the Services page on this website.
Please leave a comment below about your Dream or what you’d like to achieve in life.